Millennium Technology Prize
Finland's tribute to innovations for a better life.
The Millennium Technology Prize highlights the extensive impact of science and innovation on the well-being of society. The Prize is one million euros and awarded every second year by Technology Academy Finland, an independent foundation.
The Millennium Technology Prize is awarded for groundbreaking technological innovations that benefit millions of people around the world by:
- enhancing quality of life
- promoting sustainable development and mitigation of climate change
- generating applications with global commercial viability
- creating new socioeconomic value
- stimulating further cutting-edge research and development in science and technology
The prize is awarded every second year, the next time on 26 May 2020.
The call for 2020 Millennium Technology Prize nominations is open from 1 April to 31 July, 2019.