Millennium Technology Prize
Finland's tribute to innovations for a better life.
The Millennium Technology Prize highlights the extensive impact of science and innovation on the well-being of society. The Prize is one million euros and awarded every two years by Technology Academy Finland TAF to an individual or to a team of any nationality. The State of Finland, academic institutions and high-tech industries established the Prize in 2004 as Finland’s tribute to innovations for a better life. The Patron of the Prize is the President of the Republic of Finland.
The Millennium Technology Prize is awarded for groundbreaking technological innovations that benefit millions of people around the world by:
- enhancing quality of life
- promoting sustainable development and mitigation of climate change
- generating applications with global commercial viability
- creating new socioeconomic value
- stimulating further cutting-edge research and development in science and technology
The 2020 Millennium Technology Prize will be awarded on 26 May 2020.
The call for 2020 Millennium Technology Prize nominations is open from 1 April to 31 July, 2019.