The title is awarded annually to highlight the importance of Chief Technology Officers to the future competitiveness of Finnish companies. The CTO’s role in a company includes acting as a link between customers, technology and other departments in the organisation.
Juha Inberg from Ponsse Plc and Jussi Pyörre from Eniram Oy have been chosen as the recipients of the CTO of the Year 2015 award. Read the press release.
The CTO of the Year Award is given to exceptional technology leaders who meet the following criteria:
The winning CTO is:
- The winning CTO adds significant value to the company’s performance through technology
- The CTO communicates company’s technologies and their benefits to all stakeholders in an understandable way
- The CTO emphasizes the importance of cross-sector cooperation and demand-driven R&D
- The CTO is an inspiring team-builder and leader
The CTO’s company has:
- The company has a technology-enabled product and service portfolio that is innovative, globally competitive and either already well known or rapidly gaining terrain
- The company has built a strong technology collaboration community
- The company has a strong innovation process encouraging company-wide participation
- The CTO and the company are forerunners in and strongly build their future on sustainable development.
- The CTO contributes to working groups, societies and other bodies working for development of the society at large and his or her industry in general.
- In determining the societal impact, contribution relative to the size of the CTO’s company matters.
Assessment of all the above criteria took into account the size of each nominated CTO’s company. To allow the jury to request additional supporting information if required, all nominations must include the nominator’s contact details.
CTO of the Year award is a joint project between TAF, Spinverse Oy and the Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra.